IRESS Ltd and its branches and subsidiaries ("IRESS", "us" or "we") are committed to protecting the personal information we hold. We are required to comply with all applicable privacy legislation in the jurisdictions in which we conduct our business.
Personal information which we may collect from you includes the following:
- your name;
- your job title and company details;
- your address;
- your phone/fax and email details;
- your date of birth;
- payment information such as your bank account details;
- your education and work experience in applications we receive from you;
- your user name, and passwords for our online products;
- information about your internet-enabled device and browsing patterns such as your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Although we generally only collect information that has been provided directly by you, there are times that we may collect information from third parties e.g. a company that provide services to us or an information service provider.
Use of information
Your information is collected and may be used by us:
- to verify your identity;
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to enable you to use our online products, our website or receive the benefit of certain services;
- to help us improve and develop our website, online products and services;
- to understand our user demographics and use of our website and online products;
- for client relationship management;
- to answer questions and respond to comments, requests or queries you send us, including any application for employment;
- for corporate and investor communications (in compliance with ASIC or other regulator’s requirements);
- to manage fiscal components;
- to send invoices or reminder notices or otherwise notify you of changes to our online products or services,
and any other purpose related to or ancillary to any of the above.
Sharing of information
We may share your information with:
- the companies in our corporate group;
- our personnel, subcontractors, agents and advisors who have a need for that information as they assist us in running our business, this website or providing related services;
- our subcontractors, suppliers and advisors to the extent necessary and relevant for the provision of our online products or services;
- third party vendors to satisfy our third party data payment arrangements;
- those other persons we believe are reasonably necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements and/or exercise any rights we have under our contracts;
- other third parties with your consent.
We may disclose personal information to members of our corporate group located overseas. Countries include the United Kingdom, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, South Africa, New Zealand and Canada. We have appropriate contractual controls in place in those circumstances.
We take reasonable steps and maintain electronic, physical, procedural and organisational safeguards using industry standard techniques and controls to protect the information we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Third Party Sites
Our corporate website contains links to other websites, including social media sites and widgets. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices (including the delivery of any cookies) of these websites. We strongly encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites before providing those third parties with your information.
Access and correction
You have the right to access, request corrections to and copies of the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer whose contact details appear below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The Privacy Officer
Level 18, 385 Bourke St, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Phone: +61 3 9018 5800